The J-1 visas are designed for exchange students, interns and scholars who want to enter the United States for studies.
How to Apply
Complete the Online Visa Application
- Online Non immigrant Visa Application
- Photo –You will upload your photo while completing the online Forms.
- Schedule an Interview: You may schedule your interview at any U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your home country.
- Possess a valid passport
- Attend the school/institution accepted that you were authorized by USCIS.
- Registered full-time for each academic year.
- Maintain good academic position
- File for a Program Extension prior to the expiration date of your DS-2019 if additional time is needed to complete your program.
- Get work permit or authorization before starting employment.
Required Documents to Re-Enter the U.S. after a visit to the home country or any other county.
- Valid Passport with J-1 visa in the passport
- Renewed visa if the current visa is expired
- Valid I-20 with travel signature on page 3
What you should know before your trip:
Once you have all the necessary document and your visa, it is important to consider things like a looking for a safe place to stay, getting visitor health insurance, considering your commute, getting a bank account, and anything else you might need while you are abroad.
Click here for more information about J-1 visa, requirements, important documents, and application forms.