An M-1 visa is designed for people taking vocational studies in the US at an accredited educational institution. An M-1 visa is usually granted for the duration of the course to a maximum of one year and extensions may be granted. The visa holder is entitled to the participate in practical training or temporary employment upon completion of their course.
- Ability to demonstrate student status with non immigrant intent
- Acceptance for study at an established vocational or other recognized, nonacademic institution
- Proficiency in the English language
- Evidence of sufficient funding to attend the educational institution in the U.S.
How to Apply
Complete the Online Visa Application
- Online Non immigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160
- Photo –You will upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160.
Schedule an Interview
You may schedule your interview at any U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your home country
- Passport (including visa, if applicable)
- Form I-20
- Financial records
- Form I-766, (Employment Authorization Document,” (EAD), if applicable)
- Proof of admission to or enrollment in U.S. school
What you should know before your trip:
It is advised that all visitors get health insurance for new and existing conditions, accidents, and death (funeral and repatriation benefits). Below are some of great insurance policies underwritten by ACE American Insurance Company.
- Accidental Death and dismemberment coverage: Yearly premium with coverage of $25,000, $50,000 or $100,000
- ACE Visitor Health Insurance: Depending on age groups, pre-existing conditions, and other factors, there are comprehensive plans and fixed benefit plans to fit every budget, and need.
Click here for more information about M-1 visa requirements, important documents, and application forms.