People participating in business activities of a commercial or professional nature in the United States are eligible for B-1 visa. Eligible activities include business meeting or conversion, estate settling, contract negotiations, business training, and more.
You must demonstrate the following in order to be eligible to obtain a B-1 visa:
- The purpose of your trip is to enter the United States for business of a legitimate nature
- You plan to remain for a specific limited period of time
- You have the funds to cover the expenses of the trip and your stay in the United States
- You have a residence outside the United States in which you have no intention of abandoning, as well as other binding ties which will ensure your return abroad at the end of the visit
How to Apply
Complete the Online Visa Application
- Online Non immigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160. You must:
- 1) complete the online visa application and
- 2) print the application form confirmation page to bring to your interview.
- Photo – You will upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160.
Schedule an Interview
While interviews are generally not required for applicants of ages 0-13 and age 80+. Interview is required for ages 14-79.
Family of B-1 Visa Holders
Your spouse and children are not eligible to obtain a dependent visa. Each of your dependents who will be accompanying or following to join you must apply separately for a B-2 visa and must follow the regulations for that visa.
What you should know before your trip:
Once you have all the necessary document and your visa, it is important to consider things like a looking for a safe place to stay, getting visitor health insurance, considering your commute, getting a bank account, and anything else you might need while you are abroad.
Click here for more information about B-1 visa, requirements, important documents, and application forms.