Work Immigration Visa

People from other foreign nationals are allowed to work in the United States. It is required to have a specific employment offer through a U.S. employer or sponsor. Work visa include the following visa:

  • H-1B Visa: This is designed for specialty occupation.
  • L-1A/B Visa: Designed for intra-company transferee
  • J-1 Visa: Great for exchange visitors


  • Most (but not all) require employer to obtain USCIS approval of a petition
  • Limitations on the amount of time temporary workers may remain in the United States (vary by category)
  • The specific requirements for each of the categories differ.
  • Requirements often depend upon the type of work and level of education and/or training required.

Insurance policies for H-1B, L-1A/B, and J-1 Visa Holders

It is advised that all visitors get health insurance for new and existing conditions, accidents, and death (funeral and repatriation benefits). Below are some of great insurance policies underwritten by CHUBB American Insurance Company.

  • CHUBB Accidental Death and dismemberment coverage: Yearly premium with coverage of $25,000, $50,000 or $100,000
  • CHUBB Visitor Health Insurance: Depending on age groups, pre-existing conditions, and other factors, there are comprehensive plans and fixed benefit plans to fit every budget, and need.

Click here for more information about employment-based visa requirements, important documents, and application forms.