E-1 Visa

Treaty Trader (E-1) and Treaty Investor (E-2) visas are for foreigners from countries that the United States maintain treaties of commerce and navigation.


  • They must be coming to America to engage in trade
  • Develop and direct the operations of an enterprise that foreign visitor is investing on.

How to Apply

  • Online Non immigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160
  • Photo
  • Fees – Pay the non-refundable visa application fee of $205

Required Documentation

  • Passport valid for travel to the United States
  • Non immigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page
  • Application fee payment receipt
  • Photo
  • Non immigrant Treaty Trader/Treaty Investor Application, Form DS-156E

What you should know before your trip:

It is advised that all visitors get health insurance for new and existing conditions, accidents, and death (funeral and repatriation benefits). Below are some of great insurance policies underwritten by CHUBB American Insurance Company.

  • CHUBB Accidental Death and dismemberment coverage: Yearly premium with coverage of $25,000, $50,000 or $100,000
  • CHUBB Visitor Health Insurance: Depending on age groups, pre-existing conditions, and other factors, there are comprehensive plans and fixed benefit plans to fit every budget, and need.

Click here for more information about E-1 visa requirements, important documents, and application forms.