L-1 Visa

Intracompany Transferees Visa

A non-immigrant executive or manager from one of the U.S. foreign offices can transfer to the United States office to assume similar or the same position using L-1 visa. Maximum duration of L-1 visa is seven years. To qualify for this visa, an employee must have worked with the US Company outside America for at least one year out of the 3 last years.

How does it work?

The employer must file for Form I-129 (petition for a non-immigrant worker on behalf of the employee) and provide proof of support for the transferring employee. The employee can renew or extend the L-1 visa before expiration date. An individual entering America with L-1 visa can only work for the petitioning company.

Types of L-1 Visa:

L-1A Visa: This is designed for executives and managers. Employee is required to have supervisory responsibility for

L-1B Visa: This visa is offered to specialized individuals with knowledge of the company’s products and services.

Required documents before visa interview:

  • Passport
  • Application fee payment receipt
  • Photo
  • Receipt Number for your approved petition as it appears on your Petition for a Non immigrant Worker, Form I-129 from USCIS.

What you should know before your trip:

It is advised that all visitors get health insurance for new and existing conditions, accidents, and death (funeral and repatriation benefits). Below are some of great insurance policies underwritten by CHUBB American Insurance Company.

Click here for more information about temporary worker visa requirements, important documents, and application forms.