Media (I) Visa

Media – I visas are for journalists from foreign media traveling temporarily to the United States to work in informational or educational matters that are essential to the foreign media function. This include members of the press, radio, film, and print industries.

How to Apply

Complete the Online Visa Application

  • Online Non immigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160
  • Photo

Required Documentation

  • Passport valid for travel to the United States
  • Non immigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page
  • Application fee payment receipt
  • Passport size photo

Additional Documentation:

  •  A valid contract of employment.
  • Professional journalistic association credentials.

What you should know before your trip:

It is advised that all visitors get health insurance for new and existing conditions, accidents, and death (funeral and repatriation benefits). Below are some of great insurance policies underwritten by CHUBB American Insurance Company.

  • CHUBB Accidental Death and dismemberment coverage: Yearly premium with coverage of $25,000, $50,000 or $100,000
  • CHUBB Visitor Health Insurance: Depending on age groups, pre-existing conditions, and other factors, there are comprehensive plans and fixed benefit plans to fit every budget, and need.

Click here for more information about media visa requirements, important documents, and application forms.