Student Visa Procedures for Students heading to USA this Fall

Are you planning to join a US University in the Fall?

If you wish to pursue full-time academic or vocational studies in the United States, you may be eligible for one of two nonimmigrant student categories.  The “F” category is for academic students and the “M” is for vocational students. To learn more, please see the Students and Exchange Visitors page on the Immigration and Customs Enforcement website. Students are strongly advised to obtain student medical and accidental health insurance coverage from the USA based organization such as India Network Foundation Sponsored Health Plan before they leave the country. This plan meet or exceed the requirements of many Universities (Check with your own University).

If you wish to participate in an exchange program you may be eligible for the “J” category for exchange visitors. The J visa program is for educational and cultural exchange programs. For more information, please see the Exchange Visitor Visa page on the Department of State website.

Students: Academic and Vocational (F and M visas)

F-1 Academic students
F-2 Spouses and children of F-1
F-3 Canadian or Mexican national academic commuter students
M-1 Vocational students
M-2 Spouses and children of M1
M-3 Canadian or Mexican national vocational commuter students

Exchange Visitors (J visas)

J-1 Exchange visitors
J-2 Spouses and children of J-1

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *