What Should You Do When USCIS Transfers Your Case

Sometimes you might get a notice from USCIS saying that your case has been transferred. Please read this article to learn what to do in this situation. Meanwhile don’t forget to purchase Visitor Health Insurance. Please go on our website to learn your options.

On occasion, we transfer cases between our five service centers in order to balance our workload and promote timely processing. This page provides up to date information on any workload transfers that we make. You can also subscribe to the Alerts GovDelivery distribution list to receive an email each time cases are transferred. Unless we note otherwise, below is the general information for a workload transfer.

How You Will Be Affected If We Transfer Your Case

If we transfer your case, we will send you a transfer notice. Your receipt number will not change, and the transfer will not delay the processing of your case.

You should continue to file your forms according to the existing form instructions. You can find the correct filing address listed under the “Where to File” section in the form instructions and on the form Web page.

If your pending petition is eligible for premium processing and you want to request premium processing after your petition or application was transferred, you must:

  • File your Form I-907 with the service center where your petition or application is currently pending, and
  • Submit a copy of the Form I-797, Receipt Notice, for your pending petition or application.

If you do not do both, we may reject your Form I-907.

How to Track the Status of Your Case

Check your case status online with your receipt number. You can also sign up to receive automatic case status updates by email.

If you do not receive a decision on your case within the published processing time for the new service center, you may submit an inquiry online or call the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283. For people who are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech disability: TTY 800-767-1833. When asking about your case status, please provide us with your receipt number and specify that your case was transferred to a new location.

If we send you any notice (such as a Request for Evidence), please read the notice carefully and follow the instructions provided.

If you move while your case is pending, you must inform USCIS of your address change. You may file a change of address on our website or by calling the USCIS Contact Center. It is important that you notify us of any address change as soon as possible, so that you continue to receive notifications from USCIS.

The source: United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. Please go here to read more.

In order to protect your health while you live in the country where medical bills get extremely high, you need to purchase a Visitor Health Insurance. On this page you can compare and apply for Visitor Health Insurance plans offered by India Network Services.

India Network Services is a US-based company that administers visitor health insurance to tourists, students, temporary workers and their families. Visitor medical plans are offered for all age groups (0-99 years old) with both fixed coverage, comprehensive coverage and with pre-existing condition coverage.

Please visit this page to buy and compare Visitor Health Insurance Plans offered by India Network Services.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *